Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Plastic Grocery Bags

Are you still using the standard plastic grocery/shopping bags?
You may be wondering what this has to do with Living Healthy. I am a firm believer in thinking that if the environment is kept healthy, we will live a healthier life.
I just returned from an unscheduled grocery store trip and had to use the plastic shopping bags at the store. Normally, I have my own cloth bags with me. As I was loading my grocery purchases into my car, I realized just long ago it had been that I had to use the plastic bags. I was very surprised at how many bags a $65 grocery order could use. After I unloaded my bags and put the groceries away at home, I counted the number of bags it took. Ten Bags! for 21 items. This just seems like to much plastic for one household. I decided to do some research on plastic bags and found this great site for facts and ordering canvas bags. www.reusablebags.com/facts.php Take a moment and check it out. The fact page is a real eye opener.

Help save the environment: Use Canvas Bags

No comments: